Monday, January 4, 2010

party thief monkey adoption

years ago i was at this huge party. this party stood out due to the massive fight that insued in the living room with about 9 plus pillows. that was fun and harmless. i played this dumb alcohol related game which i would not normally play but since my buddy seemed like he made it up to get these girls drunk, or maybe just to get us really drunk? either way i must have been winning because i was trashed. in my drunkin haze i did something i would never have done if i had been sober. since we were playing this silly game in the kitchen i had noticed a "set" of smiling monkey salt and pepper shakers on the window sill. i found them quit amusing. so guess what i did? yes. i stole one. just one? sound drunky. i stole from some random persons house. so shitty. i would never do this. actually i have one other time at a party.
i, once again was in a kitchen at a party, bored, when i had notice a altoids tin. i thought to myself, i could use fresh breathe right now. plus it may fill some bordem. well to my surprise the tin was filled with kind bud. which at the time i hadnt smoked a lot of that due to the fact i was poor and could barely afford regular weed. so what did i do? took half the tin and left the rest. shitty i know. well back to the smiling monkey salt or pepper shaker. yes i put salt or pepper in my pocket. i dont know which one it was because they weren't filled. obviously someones collection. so the party, parties on. the next morning i woke up in a girlless bed, head feeling like cinder blocks piled on top and like someone had shit in my mouth. i dont drink vodka anymore.
well when i decide to go eat lunch with a friend i put my coat on and reached in my pocket and felt a cold, hard, ceramic lump. when i pulled it out, my brow went into a v-shape of confusion. then i pieced together what i did. after realizing this i noticed also that this lonely monkey was NO longer smiling. i truely felt like a dick on top of feeling physically crappy. upon my lunch i processed this problem. i decided i have to give it back. first, because i stole from some random kind people that let me party at there house and drink their beer and alcohol. second, because this monkey was happy with it's buddy on the window sill. my plan was to leave him on the porch with a note explaining what i had done and how terribly sorry i was. at this time i didnt have a car. only bike and public transit. the party was pretty far from my place so i just decided to do it later that week. about a week to a week in half later i went to the house, paper and pen in backpack to write my sincere apologies. well when i approached the house it looked slightly different. what was apparently different was that there were no curtins or anything else there. they moved? they moved. yep, they moved, that's why they had the party. in addition to that none of my friends really knew who's party it was. friends of friends of friends. well. that was about 10 yrs ago, and yes, i still own this monkey. still sadden by his separation and my shittiness. i can only assume he has had a better life with me. and his salt friend was destroyed in the move or just not looked upon from that point on as anything worth a damn. but that's just a selfish way of looking at my disappointing immoral behavior. i have never stole a single thing from a person since. it's rude, wrong and you could possibly put a wrinkle in time.

1 comment: